At the start of 2018, in a rather sparse and simple blog update we laid out some pretty ambitious, if vague, plans for the year. I’d like to take a moment to reflect on what we got done in 2018, and some ideas of where we’re looking to go in 2019…
- Brand new website.
- New client management / back end portal.
- It took us until August to complete, but both the new public website and our new client portal finally went live on August 11th. The new website was, in truth, a pretty big undertaking behind the scenes. It was also a required step in laying the groundwork for many of the other things we wanted to accomplish going forward.
- Better pricing, and service, on domain registrations.
- More flexible billing options.
- There’s been some progress on this behind the scenes, but it’s still not quite ready for prime-time. It all comes down to balancing out a fair discount level to offer for those clients who choose a longer billing term, and how to not make appear like we’re trying to lock people into a contract, because that’s just not something we want to do.
- New product offerings.
- More features/benefits for existing services.
- We lowered the price on Bandwidth Overages to .50/GB in February.
- In April we silently rolled out Free Domain Validated SSL Certificates for all hosted domains via AutoSSL, for all clients.
- Implemented an improved credit card processing system in September, eliminating headache for managing billing.
- Simplified all our existing plans, eliminating many of the quotas and resource limits entirely.
All in all it was a pretty productive year. But we’re not going to just sit back and rest on our laurels. Once the current Server Migration Project is complete (blog post coming), we’re looking at the following items as possibilities for 2019:
- Increasing Resource Limits for all of our Shared Linux Hosting Plans.
- Unveiling additional new products and services based on client and market demand
All in all, I believe 2018 was a great year overall, many of the things we set out to accomplish this year were completed, and we’re in a position to not only finish out the few remaining tasks from 2018, but also to start looking toward the future in new and exciting ways.